|Articles and journals | Tariffs | Payments | Your profile|
Published in journal "SENTENTIA. European Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences", 2013-1 in rubric "Law", pages 61-79.
Resume: This article is dedicated to one of the most interesting aspects of International Procedural Law — litigation with participation of foreign persons. Authors focused on a comparative analysis of Russian and Ukrainian legislation concerning the regulation of international procedural relations. Article includes two paragraphs: the first one considers international jurisdiction of Russian arbitrazh courts and Ukrainian economic courts on commercial matters; the second one examines the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments in commercial matters on the territory of Russia and Ukraine. Authors deeply scrutinized a wide range of legal documents including domestic legislation and international treaties embracing either bilateral Treaty between Russia and Ukraine on legal assistance and legal relations on civil, matrimonial and criminal matters, or multilateral international treaties of regional character in the framework of the CIS in order to show the convergences and divergences in Russian and Ukrainian law concerning participation of foreign persons in international commercial litigation.
Keywords: International Procedural Law; International Civil Procedure; International Jurisdiction; Foreign Persons; International Commercial Litigation.
1. Campbell C. (ed.) International Civil Procedure. 2 vols. Lulu.com, 2007.
2. Epstein D., Baldwin C. International Litigation: A Guide to Jurisdiction, Practice, and
Strategy. BRILL, 2010.
3. Fentiman R. International Commercial Litigation. Oxford University Press, 2010.
4. Grubbs S. (ed.) International Civil Procedure (World Law Group Series). Kluwer Law
5. Hartley T. C. International Commercial Litigation: Texts, Cases and Materials on Private
International Law. Cambridge University Press, 2009.
6. James M. Litigation with a Foreign Aspect: A Practical Guide. Oxford University Press,
7. Kramer X.E., van Rhee C.H. (eds.) Civil Litigation in a Globalising World. T.M.C. Asser
8. Lascelles G. The International Comparative Legal Guide to Litigation and Dispute Resolution
2012 (International Comparative Legal Guide Series). Global Legal Group Ltd.,
9. Milmo M. (ed.) International Litigation Procedure 2012. Sweet and Maxwell, 2013.
10. Pollack C. (ed.) The International Comparative Legal Guide to Litigation and Dispute
Resolution 2011 (International Comparative Legal Guide Series). Global Legal Group
11. Vogenauer S., Hodges C. (eds). Civil Justice Systems in Europe: Implications for Choice
of Forum and Choice of Contract Law (Studies of the Oxford Institute of European and
Comparative Law Series). Hart Publishing, 2012.
12. Weintraub R.J. International Litigation and Arbitration: Practice and Planning (Law
Casebook Series). Carolina Academic Press, 2010.
Correct link to this article:
just copy this link to clipboard